To revise.....

Use the reference section to help you learn the keywords for the exam, with links to web pages and some audio examples. It is linked on the left below.

Thursday 30 August 2012

Unit 2 Composition Briefs


This year’s strand is World Music


Brief 1


My composition will be between 2:30 - 4:00 minutes in duration. It will include at least four instruments, one of which must be a drum/percussion track and another must be a melody instrument.
My Areas Of Study will be AoS1 - Rhythm & Metre and AoS3 - Texture & Melody.
My link to the strand of world music will be through the use of syncopation and/or the use of the pentatonic scale.

Brief  2


My composition will be between 2:30 - 4:00 minutes in duration. It will include at least four instruments, the melody line must be an audio track (this could be vocal, guitar, sax etc).
My Areas of Study will be AoS3 - Texture & Melody and AoS5 - Structure & Form.
My link to the strand of World Music will be through the use of call and response and/or the use of improvisation/ornamentation.

Brief 3


My composition will be between 2:30 - 4:00 minutes in duration. It will include at least four instruments, two of which must be drum/percussion tracks.
My Areas of Study will be AoS1 - Rhythm & Metre and AoS2 - Harmony & Tonality.
My link to the strand of World Music will be through the use of polyrhythms/cross-rhythms and/or use of a drone.

No comments:

Post a Comment